Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crack it Open

My heart and my subconscious tell me that it is Time to write.  But how can I listen?  How can I do this?  For that is too much to bear.  How do I open my heart onto this paper, for if I open it up, even just a crack, it may break and my life, my pain, my loss, my love, my light, may all come gushing out, flooding the paper, the room, the world with so much…so much of Everything.  But my dreams tell me it is time and my body tells me that I cannot hold it all in any longer.  

So here I sit.  To write.  And who will want to listen?  Who will want to read of loss and hurt and loss and pain and loss and hurt again, and again, and of all the love and light in-between?  Readers like to read of Springtime and of Love and of Walks on the Beach and Barefoot Babies who coo and laugh and smile.  And who wants to read of the baby who never got to laugh and of the mother who had to decide when this would be so?  Of the mother who laid herself upon a table and allowed the doctor to use the needle that would stop her baby girl’s beating heart?  And of the baby who came after her whom the mother allowed to live, until she too, also died, a sad and broken death.  Who wants to read of the same mother who held her children’s hands as they walked to say their last goodbyes to their father, who was already gone?  And of the story of the Brothers who are also already gone?  Who can bear to read of such things…?  Maybe the same who have also lived and know that there are always cracks of light in-between.  Maybe they are my readers…  

So, no, this is not a story of laughter and rainbows and sunny walks on the beach.  But, this is the story of the Light in-between.  So, if you think you are my reader, then I will write for you...

21 comments:

  1. Suze,
    Awesome. I'm definitely your reader. It's the light in-between that can shine the brightest; it's the light in-between that can calm us down when we are scared of the dark. I love you and your rawness and can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JC! My first official fan! And as a quick side note, I am so glad to know you :) Thank you for being a part of my life.

      Delete
  2. I'm your reader and also can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. You, your story, your choices, your strength, your children. I love it all. I'm a supporter of anything and everything you do and would love to read your story. Thank you for beginning this journey. I am honored to read about your lights and darks and all the moments in between.
    xoxo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sam. Your support means so much...

      Delete
  4. You have no idea how many of us want to read, need to read of your love and your loss, of your darkness and your light. Because it gives us hope. And opens our hearts when it seems much easier to keep them closed tight and protected. Thank you for trusting us with your words. Love, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you, Suz, as a mother & as a friend. You are so brave and you're a wonderful Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring it, babe; we will heal each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will continue to do so...as we have been...much love and appreciation to you for all of that.

      Delete
  7. This will help so many, I have a friend that needs this. I'll be sure to pass it on. Thanks for sharing your journey. Shine on. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an amazing person Suzanne! I think about you often. Even though we haven't spoken to each other or seen each other in many years, I still consider you a dear friend. You were there for me many times. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me, if you will allow me. Our losses are different, but I need your light.

    ReplyDelete